Sunday, May 8, 2022

A Night at the Mount Washington Hotel

It's been a beautiful spring so far! From treating myself to locally-grown tulips to being surprised with the young professional of the year, it's been kind of crazy! 

We've been keeping busy with hikes and trail cleanups, and sometimes just slowing down to smell the flowers. 




But most excitingly, I had the opportunity to go to an event and stay at the Mount Washington Hotel! From the minute you turn into the driveway to the property, the snow-covered Presidential mountains greet you and personally, stopped me in my tracks. What an incredible view and the photos don't even come close to doing the experience justice. 

The hotel itself isn't so shabby, either. Built in 1902, the red roof and snow cover was quite the sight to see. 

The amazing view from my room! The "backyard" is a golf course during warmer months. 

Room key.

My (probably haunted) room and furniture. 



Our dinner and event were in the main ballroom, and the views from that room and the beautiful wrap-around porch were equally as amazing. 


I was very disappointed that the Cave, an old prohibition speakeasy and very cool basement bar, were closed for renovations but the entrance itself was enough to make me want to come back here and stay again. 

The gold room is where the Bretton Woods economic treaty was signed after World War II! Hundreds of diplomats met at the hotel and after staying here myself, I understand the appeal of the location. 



Very haunted lobby! 


Friday morning my boss told me "not to rush into the office" so obviously I went for a hike. The weather was pretty mild and the sunshine felt amazing. 







Joseph Stickney, a guy from Concord who build the hotel, and his wife Carolyn. 

I can't wait to go back someday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment